Super Rare Ingredients!
- 5 cans of 10 buttermilk biscuits
- ¾ c. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 T. vanilla
- Lots of sugar
Exquisite Detailed Instructions!
1. Slice biscuits into fourths—a pizza cutter works well for this.
2. Stir vanilla into butter.
3. Add enough cinnamon to the sugar to turn to it a light brown color. Add a dash or two of nutmeg.
4. Dip biscuit pieces in butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar. Place in bundt pan. If the butter becomes too thick, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it liquid again.
5. Pour any leftover butter or sugar (no matter how much) overtop of the monkey bread.
6. Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes or until done (check the pieces down in the middle to make certain they’re not still gooey). After 15 minutes or so of baking you may want to loosely cover it with foil to keep it from scorching the pieces on top.
7. After it’s done, remove it from oven, separate the bread from the sides of the pan with a knife, and immediately flip it onto your serving platter. Otherwise it will stick to the pan and not come out properly.
Insane Addtional Info!
This works well with two people—one person slicing and dropping pieces in the butter, the other person rolling them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. We often make it the night before, refrigerate it, and bake it in the morning. It usually takes 30+ minutes to bake when you do that. I usually take it out of the refrigerator when I start preheating the oven, so it’s not quite as cold when I stick it in.